Wednesday 14 September 2011

John Barrowman: "A female Doctor could work"

Doctor Who star John Barrowman believes the show should "go out on a limb" and have a female Timelord next time.
And the actor, who has played Captain Jack Harkness in the series, thinks Catherine Tate would make a "lovely doctor" in the BBC show, which currently has Matt Smith in the role.
John was speaking in Glasgow as he promoted the Robinson Crusoe And The Caribbean Pirates pantomime, due to be staged from December at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC) in the city.
Asked whether he would like to see a female doctor, he said: "I think a female doctor might work, you never know. The audience might not like that. I know there's a lot of young girls and women who would love that.
"I think that maybe they should go out on a limb next time and try it. That always stirs things up a little bit and makes things exciting and it's nice to see different things and challenges happen like that.
"Listen, if Captain Jack can be an omni-sexual time agent and an assistant to the doctor, why can't we have a female doctor?"
Asked if he had anyone particular in mind for the female doctor, he said: "I have no idea. I always thought Catherine Tate would make a lovely female doctor, if they did something with her character, but I don't know, I have no idea."
Laughing, he added: "Put me in a dress and I'll be the female doctor."
He also said if he was asked to go back to Doctor Who he would "love to" and said current doctor Matt is "wonderful".
"Matt has put his mark on it and rightfully so and he's a wonderful doctor, but my doctor will always be David (Tennant)," he added.

Source:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5htVthKf4BHhi3PAboQNzjsoQjs9Q?docId=N0360371315918712973A

No comments:

Post a Comment