Saturday 10 September 2011

Benedict Cumberbatch: 'Doctor Who' role isn't for me

Benedict on The Jonathan Ross ShowFrom Digital Spy:

Ross asked Cumberbatch: "Someone said, 'Would you ever be in an episode of Doctor Who?' and you said, 'I wouldn't be in an episode', which I think means you may be in more than one episode. So here's the deal: Would you want to do it?"

"No," he replied. "David [Tennant] is a friend of mine and he said 'Go up for my old job', and I said 'I don't think so'. They're huge shoes to fill and I think I'm more similar to David than I am to Matt [Smith].

"One of the reasons the Doctor Who job is so hard is because you are on the flask, you are on the school lunch box, you have to sometimes go on the school bus as Doctor Who on promotional tours. I like to keep the work on the set!"


No comments:

Post a Comment