Thursday 26 January 2012

They have NTAs now, NTAs are cool

Double win at the National Television Awards for Karen Gillan and Matt Smith plus Matt on his Doctor Who future and Karen talks about how she feels to qui Who.
Last night, Matt Smith and Karen Gillan both won at their representative categories at the National Television Awards. Doctor Who (And Merlin) both lost out in best drama to Downton Abbey (but at least it wasn't Waterloo Road again!).

Also, Matt Smith talked about his future as the Doctor. Initially, this caused some confusion because tweets from Radio Times and BBC Entertainment News contradicted each other. Thankfully, Digital Spy released this article of some of Matt's NTA interview and he said:


"I always knew that me and Karen would have slightly different journeys in the show. People say, 'Are you not sad?' I am sad because I have enjoyed worked with Karen and Arthur [Darvill], they are wonderful guys. But the show is bigger than all of us actors in it.".

"It's bigger than everyone in it and it will continue far longer, way after me. I am here for a very small period of time.

"I'm here for the future, I love working on the show. I have no plans to leave."




Karen also said last night that she has no regrets about quitting the show.



“I can say honestly from the bottom of my heart, I’ve had the best years of my life on this show and don’t know if I’ll ever going to have this much fun again. So I’m really sad to be going but all stories come to their natural end. It’s time to move on to other things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment