Sunday 26 June 2011

RTD on returning to Who

As we all know, Russell T Davies is the ex-head writer of Dr Who, the head of SJA and the head of Torchwood. Here is what he had to say about returning to Who:

"
Steven Moffat is lovely enough to offer me the chance to write it again every year. I love the show but they don't need me now.
It’s its own show. I don’t sit there thinking, ‘There’s a gap I could fill’. I’d be mad to rule it out, but there’s no sign of that happening currently, because everyone moves on.” RTD says to On The Box.
RTD is asked if he thinks that since handing over the keys of Dr Who to Moffat that the show has got more complicated.  His reply was:
“It has and that’s Steven’s form of writing. It’s more complex, more interlinked and that’s Steven’s mind. He’s got a mind like a steel trap! That’s the way he works, so it’s wonderful to watch. There are puzzles from episode 1 that won’t play out until Christmas and I think that’s fantastic.”
More like from series 4!!!
RTD then voiced his thoughts about the Doctor and River meeting Captain Jack (oh dear god):
“I think Steven would love it to happen, but it feels like Jack’s place has been taken by River Song in many ways. If you want a swashbuckling, sexy, cheeky and outrageous character, there’s River Song. I’d love to see those two together though. I’d rather see Jack and River, then Jack and the Doctor.”
So there we have it. RTD would return to write an episode or two and would like Jack to meet the Eleventh Doctor and River. And if that ever happens, don't let out your hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment